HAPPY NEW YEAR!
it’s january 1st
…do you know where your jars are?
and this too, don’t forget about this!
(ok, ok, i’ll calm down, – i’m sure you’re all prepared)
let me start this by saying i am overjoyed by the interest and enthusiasm that has come my way since the announcement of the first ever tigress’ can jam! i had a hunch that it would draw a bunch, but i can’t tell you how exciting it was to see another email, and another email, and another, saying “count me in!”
what i’m tryin’ to say is…
there’s gonna be a hella lotta canning going on around here in 2010!
because there are 140 participants ready to pump up the jam!
(do click on that and have a listen – it’s worth it)
…so let’s get this party started right! please consider the following things:
1. take a minute to reread the ‘rules’ here.
2. this may deserve special mention because i have a feeling we will all be excited to post our recipes asap: i ask that everyone adheres to the time frame for their tigress’ can jam recipe post each month. it will help me in terms of reading and doing the round-up. i also think it is exciting if everyone is posting the same week rather than straggling. and for non-bloggers we will be looking to read about your month’s canning in the comment section of the round-up post each month. note: january’s recipe posts should be posted in the week ending january 22nd, with midnight on the 22nd being the deadline. i will only be including recipes posted within this time frame in the round-up post.
3. if you are new to hot water bath canning or would like a refresher, read this.
4. there’s a tigress’ can jam flickr group set up! it was started so that non-blogging participants with cameras can show us their stuff. but it would be great to have a photo pool of what all the jammers canned throughout the challenge so i encourage all participants to join: go to flickr and search for the group tigress’ can jam.send a request to join, please make it clear you are a participant and i will hit ‘accept’.
5. if you are on twitter and will be tweeting a link to your monthly post (or anything about the can jam really) i encourage you to use the hashtag #tigresscanjam – object here is a twitter link pool!
6. lastly i want to state again that my intention in creating this challenge is to provide a meeting place for everyone inspired or intrigued by the art and craft of canning; the participants – bloggers and non, and readers at home who haven’t officially signed up but who will be following along or jumping in here and there. let’s inspire, share, have fun & learn from each other…and comments & questions are welcome people! (not all tigresses bite)
in fact, it would be lovely if every participant and anyone else who is excited about all this crazy cannin’ that’s ahead would jump in the comment section of this post and give a shout out to everyone else and let us know what your intention is, why you signed on, or are following along, what you’re excited or nervous about…anything!
let’s do it!
jane at all types of cooking, and a whole lot of canning here!
heather & collette at backyard farms
lory at better gardens than home
michelle at big black dog
mimi at bigger than a breadbox
kristen at bklynforager
cathy at breadmaking with the bread experience
libby at cafe libby
manny at cafe del manolo
carma at carma’s cafe
toni at christian county 4-h happenings
jj at citivolus sus
diana at cooking is like science
dawn at dawnabelles
jenelle at delicious potager
willi at diggin food
doris & jilly at doris and jilly cook
catalina at dust bath
jennifer at eat local challenge
andrea at family & food
renee at flamingo musings
jennie at food and books and stuff. fun
marisa at food in jars
lis at food snobbery is my hobbery
kristi at for better of worsted
maureen at fotos by meg
joanne at good food. eat here
holly at green anthropology
meg at grow and resist
kate at hip girl’s guide to homemaking
kim at homestead acres
barry at hypenotic
talia at inn brooklyn
charrington at intellectual relish
kathleen at just the right size
rose at keeping up with k
kim at kim’s quilting adventure
kate at kitchen fundamentalist
pat at kitchen jam
terri at knit and nosh
gloria at laundry etc.
amy at le jardin de ma vie
leena at leena eats this blog
theresa at living homegrown fresh
kaela at local kitchen
sarah at locally preserved
alicia at low sodium adventures in cooking
rebecca at market life sf
anita & cameron at married …with dinner
michelle at michelle in colorado springs
kevin at mock paper scissors
mk at mother’s kitchen
kimberly at music and cats
christina at my caffeine diary
chloe at naturally frugal
angela at notes from a county girl living in the city
lisa at notes from zone 4
briggs at oh…briggsy!
denise at oh yes i can
megan & mason at on a little land
kristina at on my way to gluten free
betsy at orangebloss
elizabeth at outpost 505
eve at planet eve
melanie at plot 22
carol at post-industrial eating
karen at prospect: the pantry
elle at put-a-lid-on-it
nina at put up or shut up!
jennifer at putting by
barbara at robbing peter
nikki at rufus and clementine
katie at runaway october
marisa at seasonal menus
cathy at showfood chef
melanie at simply loving home
valarie at sisyphus acres
ashley at small measure
christian at stephen’s recipes
megan at stetted
sarah at sticks rocks and dirt
andrea at sticks spoons spokes
nickie at strange affinity
tracy at sugarcrafter
annette at sustainable eats
alexa at sustainable pantry
elizabeth at sweet and sour preserve company
tea at tea and cookies
alison at the artisanry of acorn cottage
stephanie at the cosmic cowgirl
colleen at the full fridge
carter at the kitchenette
wendy at the local cook
jamie at the ongoing debacle
angela at the pagan mom blog
blaine & tory at the preservery
the raven at the purloined letter
kate at the reclusive housewife
jessie, patrick & kerry at the 3 canners
melissa at the wynk
woodman & daisy driver at thinking out loud
tigress in a jam or pickle
sara at three clever sisters
sarah at toronto tasting notes
zoey at vegedible
courtney at vivacious eating
joel & dana at well preserved
julia at what julia ate
abc at wine book girl
adam, andrea, betsy, cary, crystal, daisy mae, diane, elizabeth, hadley, jan, jm, josephine, judy, julianna, kathy, kim lea, lisa, lynn, mary & julie, mary ann, melanie, melissa, oz, ruth, sadie, sandra, shana, shannon, tricia, and val.
and here we go! everyone please
step up to your jars…
january’s produce in focus is:
i’m talkin’ about those tangy juicy bittersweet fruits that go from traditional english marmalade to indian pickled perfection in one fell squeeze; oranges, grapefruit, lemon, lime, tangerine, kumquat, clementine and pomelo too. they are all yours for the pickin’ for the first month’s canning!
on your jars